All four of these productivity-oriented applications are well-threaded, and our quad-core processor rewards us with gains that range between 84-125% throughout the suite, even before overclocking is considered.
Going down the list, we see that overclocking does help our Core i5 to some degree. However, those massive gains are certainly attributable to four physical cores, no doubt.
- Gunning For Gold At $600
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembling Our Budget-Oriented Box
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Results: Synthetics
- Results: Battlefield 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: F1 2012 And Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: Compression
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Gaming Performance Summary
- Did We Accomplish Our Mission?