Has come and gone: power connection for a diskette drive
20/24 ping combination connector (ATX and EATX)
Don't do this! The 4-pin extender from a 20 to 24-pin combination connector may not be used in the 12V AUX port (it's usually too far away to reach anyway). This 4-pin extender either belongs in the Extended ATX port or will be unused on ATX 20-pin motherboards.
This is the way to go: the spearate 4-pin cable belongs in the 12V AUX port, easily recognizable by its color coding with 2 gold and 2 black wires.
Many motherboards require a peripheral power cable to be hooked up for supplementary power.
- Males And Females Must Fit Together
- Connector Table
- External: Connectors For External Peripherals
- IEEE-1394 / Firewire / i.Link
- Cinch RCA (Composite, Audio, HDTV Components)
- VGA Monitor Interface
- DVI Monitor Interface
- RJ45 For LAN And ISDN
- RJ11 For Modems And Telephony
- S-Video (Hosiden, Y/C)
- Inside The Box: Connections Inside A PC System
- ATA/133 (Parallel ATA, UltraDMA/133 Or E-IDE)
- AGP - Accelerated Graphics Port
- PCI Express: The Serial Bus
- PCI And PCI-X: The Parallel Buses
- Power Connectors And ATX Standards
- Power Connectors And ATX Standards, Continued