Though 3DMark doesn’t tell us anything about how these cards perform in actual games, it should reflect some of the scaling issues that affect various slots. The most pronounced drops happen at its lowest standard preset, with PCIe x4 performance falling a full 10% below PCIe x16 on both cards.
Bottlenecks shift towards GPU limits at 3DMark’s Extreme preset, diminishing bandwidth reliance. The difference between x16 and x4 slots falls to around 1% to 2%
- Are Sixteen Lanes Enough?
- Test Hardware And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- PCIe Scaling Summary
- Bonus Page: Does CrossFire Work At x16/x4?