The S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat benchmark is the only part of our analysis where the Nvidia card sheds more performance than AMD in the transition from x16 to x4. Count on a 6% to 10% loss for the GeForce GTX 570 and a 6% to 8% loss for the Radeon HD 6950 when using the shorter slot.
Performance differences drop to around 4% at 2560x1600. Either card requires that AA be disabled to achieve smooth game play at this resolution and Ultra details.
- Are Sixteen Lanes Enough?
- Test Hardware And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- PCIe Scaling Summary
- Bonus Page: Does CrossFire Work At x16/x4?