First, let's see how much juice these new CPUs consume:
Idle power is similar between the Phenom II and Pentium, but under load, we can see that the Phenom II X2 555 requires more power. This makes sense in light of its higher voltage.
Idle temps look great across the board due to low-power optimizations like Cool'n'Quiet and C1E. But under load, we can see some major differences. Note that the Core i5-750 is using its stock cooler, and yet the overclocked G6950 is reaching roughly the same load temperature with the aftermarket Hyper TX3.
- AMD's New CPU Portfolio And The New Phenom II X2 555
- The New AMD CPUs: Speed Bumps For Free
- Clash Of The $100 Dual-Core Titans
- How Not To Overclock A Clarkdale
- Test Systems And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Encoding/Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Gaming
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks