MSI uses an unusual cooler on the Northbridge. It looks good, does the job, and tells the world that SiS also uses flip chip pin grid arrays.
The Gigabit Ethernet controller from Broadcom is a popular choice. MSI has started using it in a number of its models.
Comprehensive user manual, instructions for Serial ATA, and plenty of software - just the way we like it.
The upper adapter gives you another USB port and a Bluetooth port, while the adapter at the bottom provides outputs for digital audio and surround sound.
MSI supplies the standard cable package.
The controller on the 655 Max provides three FireWire ports.
- The More The Merrier? SiS655 With Dual DDR333 On Test
- Wider, Not Faster: Dual Channel DDR Instead Of Speed Increase
- Waiting For Serial ATA
- 16 P4 Chipsets Compared
- 16 P4 Chipsets Compared, Continued
- AOpen AX45-4D Max
- AOpen AX45-4D Max, Continued
- Asus P4SDX Deluxe
- Asus P4SDX Deluxe, Continued
- Gigabyte SINXP-1394
- Gigabyte SINXP-1394, Continued
- MSI 655 Max (MS-6730)
- MSI 655 Max (MS-6730), Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Comanche 4 Demo
- Unreal Tournament 2003
- Office-/Internet-Performance: Sysmark 2002
- SPECviewperf 7
- 3D Studio Max 5.1
- Conclusion - Don't Jump The Gun