Cooler Master is fairly general in targeting its second-generation Silent Pro M series at pretty much any PC. This 520 W power supply is about the right size to handle anything from office computers to mainstream gaming machines, though. The Silent Pro M2 520W is the only power supply in our round-up that sports modular cable management. Every lead except the 24-pin ATX and ATX12V cable is flat, something Cooler Master is now known for.
Cable quality is excellent, and so is our overall impression of this PSU. Each lead is sufficiently long; we'd even go so far as to say generously so. Thanks to a pair of 6+2-pin auxiliary PCI Express connectors, you can natively support CrossFire or SLI without adapters, so long as you're using cards with one input. While the large number of peripheral connectors (six SATA and four Molex) is impressive for this round-up of budget PSUs, it may impact the price. As it is customary for Cooler Master PSUs, the Silent Pro M2 PSU sports a single-rail design, and its 12 V rail can supply up to 40 A.
|Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 520W|
|AC Input||100-240 V, 50-60 Hz|
|DC Output||+3.3 V||+5 V||+12 V (#1)||+12 V (#2)||+12 V (#3)||+12 V (#4)||-12 V||+5 Vsb|
|20 A||22 A||40 A||n/a||n/a||n/a||0.3 A||2.5 A|
|Individual Output||3.6 W||12.5 W|
|Rail Utilization||Sys||Sys||CPU & VGA|
|Combined Output||120 W||480 W|
|Total Continuous Output||520 W|
|Peak Output||580 W|
- At $45 And Up, We Reach For Power Supply Gold
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 520W
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 520W: Measurements
- Corsair CX500
- Corsair CX500: Measurements
- Gigabyte Greenmax Plus 450W
- Gigabyte Greenmax Plus 450W: Measurements
- Seasonic SSR-360GP
- Seasonic SSR-360GP: Measurements
- Test Configuration, Hold-Up Time, And Inrush Current
- Efficiency According To The 80 PLUS Spec, Standby Power, And Sound Level
- Part 2: Which One Of These PSUs Is Right For You?
- Model Comparison Table