Efficiency in accordance with the 80 PLUS specification
Efficiency, based on performance profiles
The 1250 W Sparkle PSU fails rather badly in the 80 PLUS Gold certification tests: all limits are missed by one to two percentage points. Even taking measurement tolerances into account cannot explain such a result. In short, it cannot quite keep up with the two other competitors in the energy efficiency department. Its efficiency does not drop as much as the Rosewill Lightning-1000 at low loads, though. But then again, it just barely misses the EuP 1 W limit too.
The Sparkle GW EPS1250DA is a PSU that can talk the talk, but not quite walk the walk. Its high performance and interesting details, such as its C20 16 A power connector and multi-rail design, do not protect it from avoidable mistakes.
- Extreme Power For Extreme Users
- OCZ Z-Series Z1000M
- OCZ Z Series Z1000M: Measurements
- Rosewill Lightning-1000
- Rosewill Lightning-1000: Measurements
- Sparkle GW-EPS1250DA
- Sparkle GW-EPS1250DA: Measurements
- Test Configuration, Holdup-Time, Inrush Current, Peak, And Short Circuit Tests
- Efficiency, Temperature, And Standby Power Consumption
- Power Profile Efficiency Overview
- Conclusion And Comparison Table