Left 4 Dead is a survival horror shooter in which you club, scratch, bite, and shoot your way through hordes of zombies. The graphics are based on an improved version of Half Life 2’s Source Engine. The game isn’t very challenging graphically. This, together with its very good support for multi-core CPUs ensures silky smooth frame rates.
Graphics quality is once again set to Very High for our benchmarks, which is the highest setting the game supports. The highest anti-aliasing setting used is 8x. The benchmark consists of our own timedemo, where a group of survivors fights a large number of zombies in a street.
- There's Always Some Headroom There...
- Graphics Chips Compared And Test Setup
- ATI Radeon HD 5770: Memory With A Need For Speed
- MSI N275GTX Lightning Squanders Functionality
- MSI N275GTX Lightning: Fully Overclocked
- MSI R4890 Cyclone SOC: Super Overclocking
- Benchmark Results: Fallout 3
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: F.E.A.R. 2
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: The Last Remnant
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s EndWar
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
- 3DMark06: 1280x1024p, Default
- Overall Performance
- Power Consumption, Noise, And Temperature
- 3D Performance By Resolution And AA Level
- Analysis: Overclocking