The newest 3DMark version supports DirectX 8 features like Pixel and Vertex shaders, making it an interesting synthetic benchmark for the latest generation of cards.
In the modern 3DMark2001, the Radeon 8500 puts the Ti500 in its place, establishing itself as the new 3DMark leader. While this is quite an achievement, it seems safe to say that this result is due in large part to heavily optimized drivers. This theory is backed up by the Windows XP results, where these cards share almost identical results.
- RADEON 8500 Performance Check
- Graphics Cards Compared
- Our Athlon Test Rig
- Evolva - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Evolva Bump - DirectX 7 Game - T&L, Continued
- Giants - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Unreal Tournament - DirectX 7 Game
- Quake 3 - Open GL Game - T&L
- RTCW MP Test - Open GL Game - T&L
- Villagemark - DirectX 7 Benchmark - T&L
- 3D Mark 2001 - DirectX 8 Benchmark