Quake 3 is the standard in OpenGL. The 3D Engine can also be found in other games, such as Voyager, FAKK2, Alice, SOF2, RTCW and many more.
In the prestigious Quake 3 test, the R8500 edges out the previous champion, the Ti500! But ATI is using a driver optimization for Quake 3 which results in lower image quality.
- RADEON 8500 Performance Check
- Graphics Cards Compared
- Our Athlon Test Rig
- Evolva - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Evolva Bump - DirectX 7 Game - T&L, Continued
- Giants - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Unreal Tournament - DirectX 7 Game
- Quake 3 - Open GL Game - T&L
- RTCW MP Test - Open GL Game - T&L
- Villagemark - DirectX 7 Benchmark - T&L
- 3D Mark 2001 - DirectX 8 Benchmark