Futuremark’s 3DMark 11 leads our benchmark vanguard:
The new Radeon sits comfortably between the Radeon HD 5770 and Radeon HD 6850, probably a little closer to the higher-end card.
We know that GeForces don’t fare quite as well in this test, but since the GeForce GTX 550 Ti performs close to the Radeon HD 5770 when it comes to games, we still expect the Radeon HD 6790 to perform close to the GeForce GTX 460 768 MB.
The Unigine Heaven benchmark is most useful as a yardstick of tessellation performance, although it favors GeForce architecture, even when this enhancement is disabled. In any case, the Radeon HD 6790 performs relatively close to the Radeon HD 6850.
- Barts LE Comes Out To Play
- AMD's Radeon HD 6790 Reference Card
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Crysis 2
- Benchmark Results: Bulletstorm
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Lost Planet 2
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: H.A.W.X. 2
- Anti-Aliasing Benchmarks
- Overclocking And CrossFire Benchmarks
- Power, Temperature, And Noise Benchmarks
- Conclusion: Built From Winning Genes