The current version of MSI Afterburner did not support voltage changes on this particular card as of this writing, though MSI has fixed this missing option in past cards through Afterburner updates. Other functions already work perfectly, including core clock, memory clock, fan speed, and advanced controls.
While manual changes stick between reboots, advanced fan maps require the software to be running. We believe MSI’s fan mapping is the best in the industry, and startup options allow it to launch automatically and be minimized to the task bar.
Monitoring, logging, and OSD options take up two more pages of the advanced menu.
MSI adds a screen capture function that automatically saves a game image.
Up to four overclocked configurations can be saved as profiles, with launch options that include game-based performance increases.
- The Other Green Alternative
- Asus EAH6850 DirectCU Overclock Edition
- Asus Overclocking Software
- MSI R6850 PM2D1GD5
- MSI Overclocking Software
- PowerColor PCS+ AX6850 1GBD5-PPDHG
- Sapphire Toxic 6850
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Alien Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Power And Efficiency
- Heat And Noise