Nvidia holds on to a lead throughout DiRT 2 testing with its GeForce GTX 570s in SLI, besting the pricier Radeon HD 6970s across the board.
As with all of the tests so far (except Metro), you get playable performance even with two Radeon HD 6870s, though. It’s worth reiterating that it’s probably not necessary to run a pair of graphics cards with this much performance unless you’re spanning a trio of displays in Eyefinity or Surround.
Nvidia might rule the benchmark results in DiRT 2, but the fact that AMD’s cards serve up superior scaling means the GeForce GTX 570’s lead diminishes as you switch from one card to two.
- Radeon HD 6970 And 6950 Arrive
- Building Cayman By Improving Cypress
- AMD Acknowledges That Geometry Matters
- Adding Value Through Anti-Aliasing, Eyefinity, And Video
- PowerTune: Changing The Way You Overclock
- Meet Radeon HD 6970 And Radeon HD 6950
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage (DX10)
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Lost Planet 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 (DX11)
- Multi-Card Scaling In 3DMark
- Multi-Card Scaling In Metro 2033
- Multi-Card Scaling In AvP
- Multi-Card Scaling In Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Multi-Card Scaling In DiRT 2
- Multi-Card Scaling In Just Cause 2
- Power Consumption And Noise