Although Grid 2 is a good-looking game, we know it to be more platform-bound than anything else. As a result, we're able to crank up the title's Ultra preset, enable soft ambient occlusion, and turn on 8x MSAA.
The Radeon R7 265 never falls below 41 FPS at this maxed-out setting. Even Nvidia's GeForce GTX 650 Ti keeps its nose above playability, despite a couple of small dips below 30 FPS.
Aside from a couple of spikes, measured frame time variance is low in this game.
- Radeon R7 265: Pitcairn's Second Lease On Life
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Results: Battlefield 4
- Results: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Results: Metro: Last Light
- Results: BioShock Infinite
- Results: Grid 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks
- Better Than Radeon HD 7850 Performance At $150? We Want To Believe...