The high detail setting adds all sorts of impressive visual effects and the character models appear much more detailed.
At this detail level, the Radeon HD 4650 is barely providing smooth gameplay, although all of the other cards are performing well.
At 1680x1050, the Radeon HD 4650 is already on the verge of playability. The 9600 GT and higher cards are still offering smooth performance.
At 1920x1200, the Radeon HD 4650 is out of the running. Other than that, the situation doesn't change much.
At 2560x1600, the GeForce 9600GT has been forced below an average of 30 FPS, while most of the other cards are struggling to maintain a 30 FPS average. Only the GeForce GTS 250 and higher cards offer solid frame rates at this resolution and detail.
- Resident Evil 5 Makes Its Way To The PC
- Image Quality Settings
- Image Quality: Radeon Versus GeForce + 3D Vision
- Image Quality: DirectX 9 Versus DirectX 10
- Test System And Settings
- Benchmarks: Comparing Detail Settings And Performance Impact
- Benchmark Results: Medium Detail, DirectX 9
- Benchmark Results: High Detail, DirectX 9
- Benchmark Results: 4x AA, DirectX 9
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 10 For Nvidia 3D Vision LCD Glasses
- CPU Benchmarks: Clock Speeds And Multiple Cores