Gigabyte snatches a small lead in Apple iTunes encoding, while ECS falls slightly behind. That tiny lead could be credited to its out-of-spec reference clock, which is 0.45% over default.
MSI leads in HandBrake video transcoding, its one-second advantage reflecting an actual lead of a few tenths of a second prior to number-rounding.
MainConcept Reference shows the two boards with in-spec reference clocks trailing the three boards that don't dutifully adhere just slightly.
- 990FX: AMD Leads The Chipset Game
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
- Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Firmware
- Asus Sabertooth 990FX
- Sabertooth 990FX Firmware
- ECS A990FXM-A
- A990FXM-A Firmware
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
- 990FXA-UD7 Firmware
- MSI 990FXA-GD80
- 990FXA-GD80 Firmware
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which 990FX Board Should You Buy?