ASRock and MSI tie for first place in power-savings, with MSI showing the lowest idle wattage, and with all power-management options enabled in each motherboard’s firmware.
Asus has the lowest voltage regulator temperatures, closely followed by Gigabyte.
Since efficiency is a comparison of work to energy, we compare average performance to average power consumption. The Sabertooth 990FX has the best overall performance, even though it’s a very small lead.
ASRock’s first-place power savings and second-place performance puts it at the top of our efficiency chart, where 100% represents the average of all motherboards tested.
- 990FX: AMD Leads The Chipset Game
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
- Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Firmware
- Asus Sabertooth 990FX
- Sabertooth 990FX Firmware
- ECS A990FXM-A
- A990FXM-A Firmware
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
- 990FXA-UD7 Firmware
- MSI 990FXA-GD80
- 990FXA-GD80 Firmware
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which 990FX Board Should You Buy?