The 3DM2 software allows you to make both very basic settings...
... as well as setting very specific RAID options.
Creating a RAID array is simple. Just click the drives you want to add...
... and pick the RAID level you prefer. Out of RAID 5, RAID 10 and RAID 50 we picked RAID 5, because it is the only one that offers both redundancy in case a drive fails as well as decent net storage capacities.
The 3DM2 software will complain immediately after removing a drive.
- SATA II Hits The RAID Stage
- AMCC/3Ware 9550SX-8LP
- Areca ARC1220
- Broadcom/Raidcore BC4852
- Upgrade Features On The Web
- HighPoint RocketRAID 2220
- LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA300-8X
- Software, Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results, Continued
- Conclusion: AMCC/Broadcom Head To Head