There is nothing wrong with buying an entry-level version. By browsing to Broadcom's website you may purchase additional features and unlock them by entering the appropriate activation key.
The Raidcore software requires a login for security reasons.
Creating an array is a relatively simple affair.
Failed drives will be marked and cause an alert. However, an acoustic alert is only supported via motherboard or sound device.
- SATA II Hits The RAID Stage
- AMCC/3Ware 9550SX-8LP
- Areca ARC1220
- Broadcom/Raidcore BC4852
- Upgrade Features On The Web
- HighPoint RocketRAID 2220
- LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA300-8X
- Software, Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results, Continued
- Conclusion: AMCC/Broadcom Head To Head