With PCMark05 as the indicator of hard drive performance, all three test quite low in comparison to other drives on the market. The Seagate is the victor with a throughput of 8.1 MB/s in our startup test.
The Seagate is the clear winner here with a large lead in MB/s as tested under PC/Mark 05. These results would seem to confirm the earlier h2benchw 3.6 results that actual data transfer rates are quite speedy for such large drives, surpassed only by the Raptor WD1500AD.
Check out our Interactive Hard Drive Charts to compare the new 750 and 500 GB drives with all other hard drives tested to date!
- 750 And 500 GB Drives By Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750 GB
- Maxtor DiamondMax 11 500 GB
- Western Digital Caviar WD5000KS 500 GB
- Technical Data
- Data Transfer Diagrams
- Access Time
- Interface Bandwidth
- Read Transfer Performance
- Write Transfer Performance
- Surface Temperature
- Application Performance
- I/O Performance