The 40 GB version MK4007GAL is based on the same technology as the 80 GB model, but uses only one platter instead of two. This is the reason for the 40 GB version being slightly lighter. Performance, however, is at the same level.
- Will 1.8" Hard Drives Do The Job?
- PMR: Perpendicular Magnetic Recording
- Comparing The Candidates
- Hitachi TravelStar C4K60: 1.8", 30 GB
- Toshiba MK8007GAH: 1.8", 80 GB
- Toshiba MK4007GAL: 1.8", 40 GB
- Test Setup
- Data Transfer Performance
- Access Time
- Interface Performance
- I/O Performance
- Application Performance