The database test paints a clear picture: the SSD is 12 times faster.
Web servers typically just read data and rarely write. As a result, the Samsung 470 SSD looks even better compared to Seagate's Barracuda XT.
There are no unexpected results in the workstation test, either.
Compared to the hard drive, the access times of the SSD are barely measurable.
- Hard Drive Versus SSD
- Drives: Samsung 470 Series (SSD) And Seagate Barracuda XT (Hard Drive)
- Characteristics: Hard Drive Versus Solid-State
- Test System
- Benchmark Results: Sequential Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: Random Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: I/O Performance And Access Times
- Benchmark Results: PCMark 7
- Benchmark Results: Power Draw And Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: SYSmark 2012
- Windows Startup And Application Launch
- Video: Launching Applications With An SSD, And Then A Hard Drive