Test 1b, Stage 2 - Results of the Digital Audio Extraction test with a Plextor 2410A mounted in the Impulse cage and attached to a USB 2.0 port.
Just like with the LITE-ON, the difference in average speed is significant, roughly a 663% increase. Remember, this is not a drive comparison; this is only to show the difference between USB 1.1 and USB 2.0. Next we put the Plextor back in the computer and attached it to the Secondary IDE Channel.
Results - Test 1b, Stage 3
Test 1b, Stage 3 - Results of the Digital Audio Extraction test with a Plextor 2410A attached to an IDE channel.
The numbers from the Plextor on the IDE channel are almost identical to the USB 2.0 numbers. This is what we expected to see from the LITE-ON drive, but, as we said, we think that is a firmware issue with the drive.
- Introduction, Continued
- IOGEAR Supplied USB 2.0 Devices
- The Technical Specifications For The Impulse
- ION - GHE125U 2.5" Notebook Hard Drive USB 2.0 External Enclosure
- Test Configuration
- Test Results 1
- Results - Test 1, Stage 3
- Results - Test 1b
- Results - Test 1b, Stage 2
- Test Results 2
- Results - Test 2, Stage 3
- Results - Test 2b, Stage 2
- Test Results 3
- Results - Test 3, Stage 3