We have received several hundred emails from readers hailing from 10 countries in response to Strip Out The Fans, Add 8 Gallons of Cooking Oil - and the enthusiasm shows no sign of abating anytime soon. Thanks to the huge amounts of reader feedback, we have been able to collect a great deal of invaluable information.
Upgrading the oil-PC requires completely draining the coolant, which proved very complicated in our case.
We'd like to take this opportunity to present some of the most intriguing reader responses and add our own comments as well.
- The Most Interesting Responses
- Mat's Message: Beware The Vegetable Oil
- Why Oil Made The System Crash
- Alternative Oils From Jonathan
- Overclocking Comparison?
- Eberhard Rau From Erdmannshausen (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
- From Mr. Wilden: Water Is Always Conductive
- Reader Kai Hückstädt: Use A Neutral Oil
- Reader Achtelik: Silicon Oil Is Your Best Bet
- Mr Rudolph Opines: Solid Fat At Room Temperature
- VIDEO 18 FOR DOWNLOAD: The Fascinating DIY Oil PC