Styles constantly change, but quality stays around. Lian-Li has produced high quality aluminum cases for many years, often rivaled by competitors, but rarely surpassed. The PC-60A Plus II follows the company's classic design, one that has already outlived several fashion trends, with a style that's almost ageless.
Lian-Li's PC-60A Plus II case
Had we more consideration for color coordination, we might have chose the black version of this case - the PC-60B Plus II - but the silver one is far easier to photograph.
Lian-Li's PC-60A Plus II case has a front panel door that hides ports.
Among the case's classic features are a front panel door that hides ports, a slide out motherboard tray, a side-mounted internal card cooling fan, and a ducted exhaust. The case also features four 5.25" and two 3.5" external drive bays, plus five internal 3.5" hard drive bays.
Lian-Li PC-60A Plus II case with it's own control panel and Creative's X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS bay mounted I/O unit in place.
The solid side-panel version we received is available for around $130. Buyers who want to show off a little more can find a version with a side-panel window for around $150.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
- Cooler: Ultra ChillTec TEC Cooler
- Motherboard: Asus Striker Extreme
- Memory: 2x 1 GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000
- Graphics Cards: Two XFX 8800GTX In SLI
- Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
- Hard Drives: 2x WD Caviar RE2 WD5000YS
- ATX Case: Lian-Li PC-60A Plus II
- Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad
- Optical Drive: Sony NEC Optiarc 7170 Serial ATA
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Synthetics, Continued