We start with the Photoshop CS3 image rendering benchmark. In this speed test, 6 complex filters are applied to a large 96 MB TIFF file; the resulting time is the score. Faster is better of course!
It takes the mid-range system just under 2 minutes to finish the benchmark.
Now, on to the 3d image rendering benchmarks; the first uses 3dStudio MAX 9:
This looks like a very quick result for a 1920x1200 render with motion blur applied. I'm really interested in seeing the comparison between the low-cost and high-end systems using this benchmark, because all CPUs in the marathon are quad-core and 3dStudio Max 9 is a heavily multi-threaded application.
This scene is rendered in just under two and a half minutes.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 CPU
- Motherboard: ASUS P5N-T Deluxe
- Cooler, Memory, Hard Drive, And Case
- Power Supply, Optical Drive, And Video Card!
- Test System & Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks - Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks - 2d And 3d Rendering
- Application Benchmarks - Productivity
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters, Continued
- Game Benchmarks - Real-Time Strategy