The access time clearly differs a lot between quiet and fast mode. This is the price you pay for performance or silence, depending on your viewpoint.
The quick access time in fast mode translates into up to 20% better I/O performance, but this applies mainly to small queue depths. Depending on the workload, long command queues decrease the importance of quick access times.
- AAM--Automatic Acoustic Management Analyzed
- Acoustic Management: How It Works
- Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B
- Acoustic Management Measurements
- Test Setup And Transfer Diagram
- Access Time and I/O Performance
- Throughput and Interface Performance
- Application Benchmarks, Noise, Temperature, Idle Power
- Drive Performance Per Watt