Not bad for a 5,400 RPM drive. The EcoGreen F drive shows longer access time, but the difference is not huge for the access time test. It is much more significant in our I/O performance benchmarks, though.
As expected, the EcoGreen F drive provides the fewest I/O operations per second due to its lower rotation speed and lesser access capabilities. However, the RAID edition model manages to perform clearly better in this test, which is relevant to business applications. The Spinpoint F RAID clearly is the better choice for entry-level servers, as it is validated for non-stop operation, and delivers faster transaction performance.
- Mainstream, Business or Eco? Samsung Terabyte Drives Compared
- Eco? Should You Care?
- Samsung Spinpoint F, RAID, EcoGreen
- Drive Comparison Table and Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time and I/O Performance
- Application Performance, Temperature, Power Requirements
- Workstation I/O Performance per Watt
- Streaming Read Performance per Watt