We also decided to run MobileMark, in an effort to check the impact of TrueCrypt 6.1 and a fully encrypted system partition on the runtime of our Dell Latitude D610.
The MobileMark performance score varies just a bit, and doesn’t suffer much as a result of either single or double encryption.
While there is hardly any impact on battery runtime when running MobileMark 07 on a TrueCrypt 6.1 encrypted system using AES, deploying the more secure multiple encryption reduces runtime by 15 minutes—clearly, the strong encryption has an impact on battery life. We used a 9-cell battery on our notebook; switching to 6 cells or even 3 cells decreases the absolute runtime accordingly.
- TrueCrypt 6.1--Tried And Tested
- TrueCrypt 6.1 Features And Testing Considerations
- Commencing Encryption For A Windows System
- Encryption Algorithm, Performance, Rescue Disc
- Wipe Blanks, Pretest, And Encryption
- First-Start, Limitations, Decrypting
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- PCMark Vantage Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks
- Results: MobileMark 07