We used Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Prey, and Doom 3, since they are the latest commercial first-person shooters with native Linux clients. All of these benchmarks were run at 1600x1200 with the highest detail settings allowable in each game.
Maverick Meerkat achieves five FPS more than Lucid Lynx in ET:QW, the newest of the games. However, 10.10 drops behind 10.04 LTS by four FPS in Prey. Ubuntu 10.10 wins again on Doom 3, this time with a lead of just over nine FPS.
- Test System Specs And Methodolgy
- Installation And Applications
- Ubuntu Software Center 3.0
- Clouds On The Horizon
- It's All In The Looks
- Mighty Minutiae
- Ubuntu Netbook Edition
- Benchmark Results: Boot, Hibernate, Wake, And Shut Down Times
- Benchmark Results: File Copy Times
- Benchmark Results: Archiving
- Benchmark Results: Multimedia
- Benchmark Results: Peacekeeper, Geekbench, And Lightsmark
- Benchmark Results: Unigine
- Benchmark Results: Gaming