Our Iometer streaming reads test measures sequential performance. The Vertex 3 Pro sprints to the front of the line here. Even though the SandForce drives are benefiting from compressible data, we are talking about close to 500 MB/s! That is nothing short of amazing. Obviously, a lot of this is enabled by a wider SATA 6Gb/s interface. If you were to drop the Vertex 3 Pro into a 3 Gb/s port, you would barely see it edge out the Vertex 2.
The first generation of SandForce-based drives (Agility 2 and Vertex 2) still deliver remarkable sequential write performance. The Vertex 3 Pro follows this trend in IOPS and delivers close to 300 MB/s throughput.
Of course, it's important to remember that our Iometer test employs the easily-compressible data that helps SandForce's DuraWrite technology achieve solid performance and low write amplification. We turn next to CrystalDiskMark for more insight on less favorable random data conditions.
- Meet OCZ's Vertex 3 Pro
- More Specs And SandForce's Second-Gen Controller
- BCH ECC, Overprovisioning, And Moving To 6 Gb/s
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Iometer Streaming
- Benchmark Results: CrystalDiskMark Streaming Performance
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB And 512 KB Random Reads
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB And 512 KB Random Writes
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Storage Test
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Final Words