In the charts below, we compare firmware 188.8.131.52, 1.5 beta, and 1.5 final using AS SSD's Compression Benchmark after folders one, two, and three are transferred, leaving 25% free space.
Performance is immediately restored with firmware 1.5 beta, and is markedly different from what we observed with firmware 184.108.40.206. When we ran AS SSD's Compression Benchmark on the final version of firmware 1.5, performance appeared more erratic. Our hypothesis is that read and write performance are impacted by internal clean-up operations running in the background when the benchmark was active. So, we rebooted and re-ran the test. The results looked a lot more like the results for firmware 1.5 beta.
Firmware 1.5 Beta
- OCZ Vertex 4 Write Performance, Revisited
- An Updated Test Procedure
- Firmware 220.127.116.11: hIOmon Disk I/O Ranger
- Firmware 18.104.22.168: AS SSD Compression Benchmark
- Firmware 1.5: HD Tune And hIOmon Disk I/O Ranger
- Firmware 1.5: AS SSD Compression Benchmark
- Firmware 1.5: Iometer Test File Monitoring
- Our Theory About How v.1.4 Changed Write Performance
- Firmware 1.5: Something Special For OCZ's Vertex 4