VelociRaptor remains the access time leader.
Most flash SSDs with decent controllers will easily outperform any mechanical hard drive on I/O operations per second. Still, the new VelociRaptor outperforms its predecessor by a healthy margin on the database test.
Our file server benchmark pattern confirms that the new WD drive is faster, although improvement over the previous model is smaller here.
Web server performance only improved slightly.
The same applies to our workstation results.
- VR200M Follows Up On VR150M
- History Of The Raptor
- The Newcomer: WD6000HLHX (V200M Series)
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagram
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: Noise And Temperature