Again, we replaced our page load timers with the industry-standard BrowsingBench from The Embedded Microprocessor Benchmark Consortium (EEMBC). Unlike our page load timers, which used eight of the top 40 websites in the U.S., this benchmark includes foreign sites (a top reader request). Mobile pages and multiple pages on the same site fulfill two more wishes from our readers, and multiple iterations per test run means more even runs.
The finishing order in this test remains constant on both platforms: Chrome, Opera, IE10 (IE9), Firefox. While all browsers do slightly better in Windows 8, the boost that Firefox receives is quite substantial.
- Possibly The Last "Top Four"
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera
- Test Setup And Benchmark Suite
- Startup Time
- Page Load Time
- HTML5 Performance
- Hardware Acceleration Performance
- Memory Efficiency
- Page Load Reliability And Security
- Standards Conformance
- Windows WBGP Winner's Circle