AMD's FirePro W9000 dominates the competition once we push these graphics cards hard with Unigine Heaven. The FirePro W7000 manages to keep pace with it better than any other option, doing well unless you really need top performance.
The second Tahiti-based card in our round-up, the FirePro W8000, is outperformed by the smaller AMD FirePro W5000, the older FirePro V7900, as well as Nvidia's Quadro 6000. This is interesting, of course, as the FirePro W8000’s performance differs more significantly from one benchmark to the next than the other GCN-based cards.
- Can Workstation Graphics Cards Play Games?
- Results: 3DMark 11
- Results: Unigine Heaven
- Results: Unigine Sanctuary
- DirectX 9 Results: Mafia II
- DirectX 9 Results: Crysis 2
- DirectX 11 Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- DirectX 11 Results: Metro 2033
- DirectX 11 Results: Crysis 2
- DirectX 11 Results: Batman: Arkham City
- DirectX 11 Results: DiRT 3
- DirectX 11 Results: StarCraft II
- DirectX 11 Results: Battlefield 3
- Cumulative Performance Index
- FirePro W9000 And W7000 Do Well; FirePro W8000 Disappoints