A real enthusiast chipset deserves a real enthusiast motherboard. Today we're comparing four feature-packed platforms that most folks who call themselves hardcore (and informed enough to know what hardware meets their needs) can actually afford.
Asus also rocks Just Cause 2, but only at lower resolutions where the CPU and RAM are a larger part of the performance equation. Again, if you want the explanation behind this, check the bottom of the previous page. In essence, with more cores active, Asus' board is still running at the Core i7's peak Turbo Boost ratio.
Metro 2033 is GPU-bottlenecked to a greater degree than Just Cause 2, diminishing Asus’ lead with its auto-rule engaged.
- Four Z68 Express-Based Motherboards For Enthusiasts
- ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
- Z68 Extreme7 Firmware
- Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
- P8Z68 Deluxe Firmware
- Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5
- Z68XP-UD5 Firmware
- MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3)
- Z68A-GD80 Firmware
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- A Word On Warranties
- Whose Enthusiast-Class Z68 Board Is Best?