A tiny default overclock allows Gigabyte to shave a fraction of a second from our Photoshop benchmark, a difference that rounds up to a full second.
We see the same overclocking advantage in 3ds Max, though Biostar’s slight performance loss defies such an easy explanation.
Asus takes a barely-noticeable loss in WinZip, which is a somewhat inconsistent benchmark anyway. We retested many times, but could not identify the cause of its slight deficiency.
ASRock wins ABBYY FineReader, and any signs of Gigabyte’s former lead or Asus’ odd loss are gone.
- Z77 Express: The Perfect Replacement For Older Machines
- ASRock Z77 Extreme6
- Z77 Extreme6 Firmware
- Asus P8Z77-V Pro
- P8Z77-V Pro Firmware
- Biostar TZ77XE4
- TZ77XE4 Firmware
- ECS Golden Z77H2-A2X
- Z77H2-A2X Firmware
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
- Z77X-UD3H Firmware
- MSI Z77A-GD65
- Z77A-GD65 Firmware
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which Mid-Range Z77 Board Should You Buy?