Asus incorporates most of its applications into its new Ai Suite III, including OS-based overclocking functions. The software opens to its 4-Way Optimization tab, showing several status readings, but few controls.
The TPU tab exposes base clock and cache ratio settings, with two more configuration buttons at the bottom for voltage and CPU core ratio settings.
EPU power-savings includes three voltage-reduction profiles that can be re-defined by the user.
DIGI+ power control primarily affects CPU response to thermal and amperage triggers.
Asus brags a lot about its fan controls, from increased granularity to greater independence for all headers, and even for its ability to use both voltage-based and PWM-based control on all of its connectors.
CPU-Z can’t read SPD and XMP values on most Asus motherboards, not even the customized-for-Asus version included with the Z87-Pro. That makes Ai Suite’s System Information tabs especially useful, where I scrolled through all six SPD settings before finding our memory’s XMP rating.
- Haswell: Is Now The Best Time To Build?
- ASRock Z87 Extreme6
- Z87 Extreme6 Firmware
- Z87 Extreme6 Tuning Software
- Z87 Extreme6 Applications
- Asus Z87-Pro
- Z87-Pro Firmware
- Z87-Pro Tuning Software
- Z87-Pro Applications
- ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme
- Z87H3-A2X Extreme Firmware
- Z87H3-A2X Extreme Tuning Software
- Z87H3-A2X Extreme Applications
- Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
- Z87X-UD4H Firmware
- Z87X-UD4H Tuning Software
- Z87X-UD4H Applications
- MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
- Z87-GD65 Gaming Firmware
- Z87-GD65 Gaming Tuning Software
- Z87-GD65 Gaming Applications
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Picking Our First Z87-Based Winner