Want A Happy One? The New Acer Aspire
Want a Happy One?
Discover the new Aspire One Happy in four fruity colors
June 2011 – Summer is upon us, with its warmth, energy and a myriad bright colors filling our eyes. To match this explosion of life and joy, the Acer Aspire One Happy has donned new clothes and comes in fresh, fruity, tasty colors that bring the flavor of summer into your life.
Blueberry Shake, Papaya Milk, Strawberry Yogurt and Banana Cream are the four new shades of the Aspire One Happy, evoking summertime, holidays and exotic drinks. Whether you have a romantic soul or want to make an impression, the sweet colors will match your spirit.
Papaya Milk and Banana Cream shine with optimism, energy and happiness and will bring sunshine to rainy days. Soothing and soft, Blueberry Shake and Strawberry Yogurt stir up memories of sunsets and exotic holidays.
Want to create an even more colourful effect? Match the Aspire One Happy with a wireless mouse in the same color, for a coordinated look. Or be daring and mix and match different colors for a joyful explosion of flavors.
The new Aspire One Happy will catch the eye. The cover has a shiny finish and is embellished by a textured water-drop design. While matching the summer and fruity drink theme, the wave design emphasizes your desire to communicate and reach out, just like the ripples on the surface of water.
At home or away, the Aspire One Happy frees you from cables for up to 8 hours, so you can keep in touch with what is going on in your social networks, give a school project the finishing touches while you are on the bus, and check your emails or surf the net as much as you want. And when you need to charge it, the Acer MiniGo adapter is 40% lighter than the previous 30 W adapters and makes your travel hassle-free thanks to interchangeable AC converters.
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ connection and Fast Ethernet make sure you are never too far away from your life online, allowing you to take advantage of both wireless and wired connectivity. Plus, with Bluetooth® 3.0+HS (optional), you can share photos and music with friends in a matter of seconds. And if you need to chat face-to-face, you have the Acer Crystal Eye webcam with Acer Video Conference Manager to enhance image quality and allow for photo, document and screen sharing on the spot!
The Acer FineTip keyboard has larger keys making typing more comfortable and is complemented by a wide multi-gesture touchpad matching the color of the cover, which is perfect for scrolling documents, rotating images, zooming and browsing, all with fingertip convenience. The Aspire One Happy is just perfect to surf the net and enjoy your multimedia.
Slim and light as usual, the Aspire One Happy is an unobtrusive companion. Slip it in your backpack or even in your handbag and you will barely notice it is there— yet it features a superb 28 cm (10.1”) WSVGA high-brightness display with a 16:9 aspect ratio, perfect for web-chatting, web browsing and video streaming. And, for better performance and power savings, the display is LED backlit.
With the high-performing and low-power-consuming dual-core Intel® Atom N570 at its heart, the Aspire One Happy also comes with up to 1 GB of DDR3 memory and a rich selection of applications to let you surf the net, share photos and videos, listen to music, and if you really have to, you can also finish that tricky school assignment — all at the same time. Plus, an Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 teams up with the processor for superb graphics. A large hard disk with up to 320 GB of capacity and a built-in multi-in-one card reader ensure convenient storage options and file sharing.
And wherever we are, we all must take responsibility for the environment. This is why the Aspire One Happy is designed with sustainability in mind. Smart power technologies combine with environmentally friendly production to create an all-round green device. RoHS and WEEE compliance means fewer hazardous substances were used in the production; single-charge all-day power, Acer MiniGo adapter, LED-backlit display and low-power processor ensure conformity with ENERGY STAR® requirements.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has achieved the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Globally, Acer ranks No. 2 for total PCs and notebooks. A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to the company's continuing growth, while its multi-brand approach effectively integrates Acer, Gateway, Packard Bell, and eMachines brands in worldwide markets. Acer strives to design environmentally friendly products and establish a green supply chain through collaboration with suppliers. Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement, including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and London 2012 Olympic Games. The Acer Group employs 8,000 people worldwide. Revenues for 2010 reached US$19.9 billion. See www.acer-group.com for more information.
© 2011 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
Aspire One Happy Specifications
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 32-bit (China only)
Genuine Windows® 7 Starter 32-bit (Service Pack1)
Dimensions and weight1
256.5 (W) x 184 (D) x 24 (H) mm (10.17 x 7.28 x 1.01 inches)
1.30 kg (2.87 lbs.)2 with 6-cell battery pack
1.20 kg (2.65 lbs.)2 with 3-cell battery pack
Banana Cream, Blueberry Shake, Papaya Milk, Strawberry Yogurt
CPU and chipset1
Intel® Atom™ processor N570 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.66 GHz, DDR3 667 MHz, 8.5 W)
Intel® Atom™ processor N455/N475 (512 KB L2 cache, 1.66/1.83 GHz, DDR3 667 MHz, 6.5 W)
Mobile Intel® NM10 Express Chipset
Single-channel DDR3 SDRAM support with one soDIMM module:
· Up to 1 GB of DDR3 system memory (for Windows® 7 Starter for small notebook PCs)
· Up to 2 GB of DDR3 system memory (for other operating systems)
10.1" SD 1024 x 600 (WSVGA) resolution, high-brightness (200-nit), Acer CineCrystal™ LED-backlit TFT LCD
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (Intel® GMA 3150), with 64 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colours
External resolution / refresh rate:4
· VGA port up to 1600 x 900: 60 Hz
Hard disk drive
· 250/320 GB or larger1, 5
Multi-in-1 card reader, supporting:
· Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard™ (MMC), Memory Stick™ (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD)
· Storage cards with adapter: miniSD™, microSD™, Memory Stick Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
High-definition audio support
Two built-in stereo speakers
Built-in digital microphone
Acer Video Conference,1 featuring:
· Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Wireless and networking
WLAN:1, 6, 7
· Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
· Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™(available only in Russia, Pakistan, Ukraine)
· Supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology
WPAN:1 Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
LAN: Fast Ethernet
Power adapter and battery1
Product Safety Electric Appliance and Materials (PSE) certified for battery pack
2-pin 40 W Acer MiniGo AC adapter:
· 93.2 (W) x 32.2 (D) x 42.5 (H) mm (3.66 x 1.26 x 1.67 inches)
· 180 g (0.39 lbs.)2 with 250 cm DC cable
· 48 Wh 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
Battery life: 8 hours8
· 24.4 Wh 2200 mAh 3-cell Li-ion battery pack
Battery life: 4 hours8
Input and control1
84-/85-/88-key, 93% full-size Acer FineTip keyboard with international language support
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate, flip
Input and output
Multi-in-1 card reader
Three USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
BIOS user, supervisor, HDD passwords
Kensington lock slot
Productivity: Acer ePower Management; Acer eRecovery Management; Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1; Adobe® Reader® 9.1; AUPEO! (US only); Bing™ Bar; eSobi™; Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded (purchase a product key to activate)10; Microsoft® Office Starter 201011; New York Times Reader (US only); NOOK for PC (US only); Norton™ Online Backup
Security; McAfee® Internet Security Suite Trial12; MyWinLocker® (except China, Hong Kong)
InstantOn: Android™ InstantOn
Gaming: Oberon GameZone1 (except US, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Korea); WildTangent®1 (US, Canada only)
Communication and ISP: Acer Crystal EyeAcer Video Conference Manager1; Microsoft®Silverlight™; Skype™; Windows Live™ Essentials 20111
Web links and utilities: Acer Accessory Store1 (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, UK only); Acer Identity Card; Acer Registration; Acer Updater; Customized Internet Explorer® 8; eBay® shortcut 2009 (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, US only); Netflix shortcut (US only)
Options and accessories
One-year International Travelers Warranty (ITW)
1. Specifications vary depending on model.
2. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
3. Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
4. Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
5. 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Acer eRecovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
6. Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction, and access point settings.
7. Acer Nplify™, a high-throughput wireless solution, delivers superior performance and reliable connections while enabling emerging voice, video and data applications. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™, it supports Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology and is compliant with 802.11b/g/n and 802.11b/g standards.
8. The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark2007® testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
9. Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS and regional availability.
10. Purchase an Office 2010 product key to activate one of the following Office 2010 suites preloaded on this PC: Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, Office Professional 2010.
11. Includes limited-functionality Microsoft® Word and Excel with advertising; no PowerPoint or Outlook. Purchase Office 2010 to activate full-featured Office.
12. Trial periods vary depending on the geographic region and specifications: 365-day trial for China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore (Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese OS models); 60-day trial for other regions.
With 6-cell Li-ion battery pack.