RX 570/580 Installation error 1603

Apr 6, 2018
So i have 3 cases 2 of them i started having problem with them regarding installing the rx570/580 driver.
i am using windows 10 on both cases whenever i try install the driver i get general error 1603 and when i check in device manager for the gpu it list them as Microsoft basic driver i tried updating driver from there manually i got error
when i installed gpu in my main case that has already AMD driver installed before hand the pc read the card n everything is fine the cards work but only on any pc that has amd driver installed before hand but for clean install the AMD driver either dont read the cards as AMD cards or i get general error 1603

Solution
Disable automatic driver updates. Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware tab -> Device Installation Settings -> change to "No, let me choose what to do."

Boot into safe mode with Display Driver Uninstaller, clear out all GPU drivers, boot into normal Windows, and then installing the newest display driver from AMD. GPU drivers should only ever be installed using the Radeon install program.

jr9

Estimable
Disable automatic driver updates. Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware tab -> Device Installation Settings -> change to "No, let me choose what to do."

Boot into safe mode with Display Driver Uninstaller, clear out all GPU drivers, boot into normal Windows, and then installing the newest display driver from AMD. GPU drivers should only ever be installed using the Radeon install program.

Solution