Crysis crash with blue screen

joshuaaa77

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
I am not happy with crysis at the moment ok this is what is happening

i go into it on my xp pro partion on my hdd i start it it runs fine until the level finishes loading and then my computer crashes with a blue screen and say's

starting dump of virtual memory
dump of virtual memory complete...
if you see this screen again please contact the manufacturer of this product

the problem is my comp i built myself i don't have a manufacturer so i am annoyied iv read other post's on google but they all have different errors to me.

my comp say's the blue screen is showing because of d3d9.dll

so i tried deleting dx9 and reinstalled it

and it still happens so i just wasted 100mb of download and it dos'nt damn work so i reinstalled xp and still get blue screen

so then i go on my vista partion that i hate playing crysis on because of dx10 i just force very high through dx9 anyway crysis starts right but then it crashes to desktop and says a video driver named aticore.dll has just recovered from an unexpected crash

anyone got any ideas on why this is happening i reinstall the drivers reinstalled vista and xp and dx9 an 10 and still crash im using the drivers i got on the disk with my ati radeon 4850 i got the card about 1 month ago just finished crysis and boom it dont work no more

i tried deleting my saved games because before i have my 4850 i had a nvidia 9400gt and it crashed because of the saved games they were corrupt but no its not the saved games

it seems to be nothing i stuck my old 9400gt back in and it still did'nt work so i don't know what the hell has happend to the game how it can run perfect for 1 month than just go to the *** lot if anyone has any ideas how to fix it it would be apreasiated i just wanna see my friend the turtle on the first level again

and i wanna see the scenery its just so good it makes me wanna play the game over and over again!

and again any help would be very much appreciated

eoinycroiny

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
when the Blue screen appears does it not give a stop error code like:

STOP: 0X00000E1(0X002634......... and so on and at the bottom says:

starting dump of virtual memory
dump of virtual memory complete...
if you see this screen again please contact the manufacturer of this product

if it does, can you post please

Hmm...its complaining about the DX drivers itself...

Deleating the DX file was a major, major mistake. What you probably did was delated an older version, then re-downloaded a newer one. As a result, you probably borked DX and might need as OS re-install. Most of the DX update utilities do nothing but add missing .DLL files, and don't check to ensure the proper version for each DLL.

As for the crashing, make sure the game is fully patched. Also couldn't hurt to run a memtest to make sure everything checks out. Ensure proper video drivers installed, etc. Can't offer much more advice without system specs.

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ok, I have a similar problem, my pc: Vista 64bit, Intel Core 2 Duo e8600 3.33ghz, Nvidia GTX 260 OC, 4 Ram 800mhz,
I passed the Crysis game already, but now Im replaying it and after a few levels, It crashes with this message: System Failure, Memory Dump Error, saving to hardrive C. and then when it reboots I get this link to the error. I have no Idea what is going on with my pc, PS help me!!!!!!C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Thanks!!! you can Email me at: luispelaezjr@yahoo.com

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
problem, my pc: Vista 64bit, Intel Core 2 Duo e8600 3.33ghz, Nvidia GTX 260 OC, 4 Ram 800mhz,
I passed the Crysis game already, but now Im replaying it and after a few levels, It crashes with this message: System Failure, Memory Dump Error, saving to hardrive C. and then when it reboots I get this link to the error. I have no Idea what is going on with my pc, PS help me!!!!!!C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Thanks!!! you can Email me at: luispelaezjr@yahoo.com

abdullah12345

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
i know how it feels like ...............

ok crysis is the game which not only demands good gpu but also a good quality ram, i had the same problem, earlier I had ordinary ram
then i changed it with this

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_fatal1ty_edition_dual_channel

the game runs like fluid i completed crysis and never had the problem again.my pc core 2 quad 2.4,cooler master hyper 212 gigabyte p43, saphhire 4870x2, ocz fatality 2x2 gb ram, 700w psu,
seagate barcuda 7200.12 500 gb raid o hdd.

so better change the ram, which ever brand u go for see to it that it is a gamer recomended type. hope this solves ur problem. plz let me know once u have changed the ram.

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
abdullah1234: Hey man, I have great news, although I didnt buy a new RAM, I reinstalled My Current one. When I installed my new cpu, E8600, i had to unplug everything including my ram, now Im guessing that when it was time to put it back on the socket i plugged it incorrectly causing a system failure. A few days ago I took it out and switched the sticks , inserted them back on my board and retested Crysis. Now whala!!!!!!!!! Runs like hell, no problems at all. Played for 2 hours straight the other day and nothing happened. Im actually glad that i tried this option before spending $100 on the OCZ Ram, now dont get me wrong Im still planing to buy the ram, but I have to save up. For now Im Gaming back to normal conditions. Thanks!!!!! Your Ideal helps alot. Hopefully Ill build a new rig by next years mid summer based on the i7 and GTX***. Im saving $1500 bucks for a new build. Again thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS