How do I recieve a Fax that converts to a PDF onto my Win7 PC?

integraoligist

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2008
Hey all,
People need to Fax me some paperwork, but I do not have a fax machine... I am going to get a MagicJack in the next couple of days and connect it to this PC for use as my home phone.

So, because the phone # and line will be coming through the PC anyway, is there a way to recieve Faxs right onto the PC?

And is there a way to Send a Fax right from the PC as well?

Someone told me a while back that Win7 would have this function... but never looked into it until now.

Thanks all for the help!

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Quote from Windows help.

"Receive a fax with Windows Fax and Scan

Before you can receive a fax, your computer must be connected to a fax modem or fax server. For more information, see Set up your computer to send and receive faxes."

zxxxt

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010

You can always try to receive fax from your Magic Jack but in general, VoIP connection isn't reliable for sending or receiving fax and Magic Jack is a VoIP. Win7 and XP has a fax function but this should go the traditional landline and your computer need a fax modem.

I suggest you look at online fax services available. I use one and its called Onesuite Fax, its prepaid and really really cheap (like $1/month for unlimited receiving)

TRENDING THREADS