Zone alarm 6.0.631.3 install problems

I have tried to install Zone alarm pro 6.0.631.3 but get the following
error "Could not load the DLL library C:\...........\Temp\vsutil.dll
(WSEDbgPrint) . The specified procedure could not be found".

I have emailed ZA support a week ago without response. Anybody here had
the same problem and found a solution?

Steve

In article <3mpcvvF1829plU1@individual.net>,
steve.rainbirdxxxxx@mssint.com.removex says...
> I have tried to install Zone alarm pro 6.0.631.3 but get the following
> error "Could not load the DLL library C:\...........\Temp\vsutil.dll
> (WSEDbgPrint) . The specified procedure could not be found".
>
> I have emailed ZA support a week ago without response. Anybody here had
> the same problem and found a solution?
>
> Steve

There are apparently upgrade problems for some people if you're
upgrading from 5.x to 6.0.x. They are currently working on it and
looking for beta testers to test what they've done to date. You might
fixes your problems..

--
Kerodo

Steve Rainbird <steve.rainbirdxxxxx@mssint.com.removex> wrote:
> I have tried to install Zone alarm pro 6.0.631.3 but get the following
> error [...]
> I have emailed ZA support a week ago without response.

You've payed money to Zonelabs. So they have to give you support.
But meanwhile, use the Windows-Firewall. You don't need Zonealarm at all.

Yours,
VB.
deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Kerodo <loopback@localhost.com> wrote:
[Zonealarm probs]
> There are apparently upgrade problems for some people if you're
> upgrading from 5.x to 6.0.x. They are currently working on it and
> looking for beta testers to test what they've done to date.

Ah - bananaware. "The Beta Experience. Soon to be final. Be there
while it happens." ;-)

Oh, sorry, this was Microsoft...

SCNR,

In article <43078ac4@news.uni-ulm.de>, bumens@dingens.org says...
> Kerodo <loopback@localhost.com> wrote:
> [Zonealarm probs]
> > There are apparently upgrade problems for some people if you're
> > upgrading from 5.x to 6.0.x. They are currently working on it and
> > looking for beta testers to test what they've done to date.
>
> Ah - bananaware. "The Beta Experience. Soon to be final. Be there
> while it happens." ;-)
>
> Oh, sorry, this was Microsoft...

Just trying to give the poor guy some hope. :)

Actually, almost everything out there today is betaware unfortunately..

--
Kerodo

Steve Rainbird wrote:
> I have tried to install Zone alarm pro 6.0.631.3 but get the following
> error "Could not load the DLL library C:\...........\Temp\vsutil.dll
> (WSEDbgPrint) . The specified procedure could not be found".
>
> I have emailed ZA support a week ago without response. Anybody here had
> the same problem and found a solution?
>
> Steve

The answer is that I downloaded it with getright! Download it without
and everything works fine.

Steve

(apologies if this appears twice)

Wait up on 6. Stick with 5.5. 6 trashed my test XP Home partition to where I
had to delete the partition. It works for some but if you get the lockups,
uninstalling may not help.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/