Remote desktop closed immediately after login.

when connecting via RDP to a WinXP Pro system, after I log into any of the
two user accounts or the administrator account, it immediately closes showing
"closing network connections".
No errors are logged to the event viewer. I've seen this before and I think
I just ended up reimaging it.
It also seems that it happened after installing RealVNC, havnt had a change
to uninstall it yet, any ideas?

I also have a similar problem. When my computer is in standby and I log in
correctly, the screen just closes. If my computer is not in standby, then
all is fine. If I login incorrectly from standby, it will inform me that the
password is wrong and will close the screen after I put in the correct
password.

Why is this?