Restore failed - error code=1005

robin_13

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Hello,
I'm trying to restore my system with recovery cd. The system disc takes but when I put in the first recovery disc it stops and says Restore failed - Error code=1005(the volume does not catain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.) pls help!

hoggleton

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I was having a similar problem when Installing Windows 7 Starter Edition from some Acer Recovery Discs. I was running Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat and every time I wanted to install from the Discs I would get the same 1005 error.

What I did was use a Windows Installation disc to delete the partitions. Then quit the setup and put the Recovery Discs In. I was then able to reinstall the original OS.

If you don't have a Windows Discs, search for Ultimate Boot CD. There are some tools on that which will allow you to delete the partition. If you have data on the drive try a Ubuntu Live CD and use an External drive to copy the data off of the disc before deleting the partition.

I hope this is of some help. :D