7 MHZ running with windows xp!

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hi. You will see a pentium 7 MHZ running under Windows XP pro with 20 mb RAM.

Normaly, windows xp minimal configuration is: 266 MHZ and 64 mb RAM.

Here a screenshot:

Screenshot8mhz_system.gif

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
And just what's the point of only running an OS? I mean, try to run an application and see what happens. Play Q4 with those 7MHz and a voodoo1 VC and 16MB ram. I would worship you if you succeed.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I don't give a damn if it's fake or not. Microsoft didn't want anybody to put it on a computer slower than that, because crashes might occur, and it would be extremely miserable for the user.

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I actually found that article quite entertaining, it's a breath of fresh air in here compared to the normal "Overclock everything that has a clock" that I see in these forums everyday.

Overclocking is usually down to the best parts and lots of money, plus some skill in the art, with a bit of luck, to produce a stable megaly overclocked box.

Underclocking has a bit of an appeal to me, because it's something one could piss around with old delapitated computers, that have past their day, the aim to underclock them the lowest before you cannot run Windows XP. Basically something that you do for shits & giggles :p

And for those overclockers who are probably gonna jump on me and flame me, do something challenging for a change, go overclock your oven, microwave or TV... :lol:

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I see you've made stupid posts all over the place, is this the same piece of shit you wanted the cable for, cause its all a BIG wast of time, the 5ghz thing was a speed record attempt for the fastest time, yours is to see how cheap you can be a hang on to a piece of crap for as long as possible.