svchost.exe application error

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a general idea what this error can mean. It's
popping up all the time and my machine is running very slow.

Svchost.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x009a96bc" referred memory at "0x00000000". The memory
could not be "written".
Click OK to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program.

Thanks,

Lisa

What are you doing when this happens?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Lisa" <lisa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has a general idea what this error can mean.
> It's popping up all the time and my machine is running very slow.
>
> Svchost.exe Application Error
> The instruction at "0x009a96bc" referred memory at "0x00000000". The
> memory could not be "written".
> Click OK to terminate the program
> Click CANCEL to debug the program.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa

Hi Frank,

Actually, I'm not doing anything... Well, that's not true I'm sure... But it
happens immediatly when I start the machine. It's a Dell 300 laptop
connected to a wireless network... As soon as I try to open an application,
for instance Internet Explorer the error will pop.

Thanks,

Lisa

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> What are you doing when this happens?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
>

> "Lisa" <lisa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has a general idea what this error can mean.
>> It's popping up all the time and my machine is running very slow.
>>
>> Svchost.exe Application Error
>> The instruction at "0x009a96bc" referred memory at "0x00000000". The
>> memory could not be "written".
>> Click OK to terminate the program
>> Click CANCEL to debug the program.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lisa

Sorry, no idea here.

--

> Hi Frank,
>
> Actually, I'm not doing anything... Well, that's not true I'm sure...
> But it happens immediatly when I start the machine. It's a Dell 300
> laptop connected to a wireless network... As soon as I try to open an
> application, for instance Internet Explorer the error will pop.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:ufX%239U83EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> What are you doing when this happens?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>>
>> "Lisa" <lisa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone has a general idea what this error can
>>> mean. It's popping up all the time and my machine is running very
>>> slow.
>>>
>>> Svchost.exe Application Error
>>> The instruction at "0x009a96bc" referred memory at "0x00000000". The
>>> memory could not be "written".
>>> Click OK to terminate the program
>>> Click CANCEL to debug the program.
>>>
>>> Thanks,