My pc keeps asking for Tray app I dont have it

ricticman

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Hi there I just turned on my pc today win 2000 and its asking for Tray app then asks for the disk which i dont have. I have serched the net to find it and cart find it anywhere. I hope it can be sorted out. Thanks ahead of time.

fattony

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
you have a startup item that's problematic or looking for a dead link
obtain msconfig.exe and try to narrow down which startup item may be responsible for it

ricticman

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
you have a startup item that's problematic or looking for a dead link
obtain msconfig.exe and try to narrow down which startup item may be responsible for it

:D Thanks for a reply, it was found out that it was the printer HP that I install over a week ago had the file gone funny. I had to unistall it and reinstall it again. Now the problem is solved. So I hope it wont get funny on me again. Have a very nice day all of you...

AlleyCat

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2004
I read your problem that was exactly the same as mine.

Mine happened just after I switched off my HP printer before switching off my PC. On the next bootup, this problem occured.

After reading this forum, I put in my HP printer setup disk and click 'OK".

It cured the Tray App problem.

I registered as a forum user just to inform other users who had the same problem.

This is also to thank those who took the trouble to air their problem and those who took the trouble to reply.

Thanks a million.

G

i have problem my computer cant not shut down' if i want hut down ask trayApp, so what cant i do..... thanks

G

how you fix this problem is you go into my computer from the start menu then click on "C drive" then click on "documents and settings" then click on "all users" then click on "start menu" then click on "programs" then click on "start up" there should be a program called hp digital imaging monitor shortcut. delete that shortcut then restart your computer and the problem should be solved.

geneshereen

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
how you fix this problem is you go into my computer from the start menu then click on "C drive" then click on "documents and settings" then click on "all users" then click on "start menu" then click on "programs" then click on "start up" there should be a program called hp digital imaging monitor shortcut. delete that shortcut then restart your computer and the problem should be solved.

Thankyou. thankyou. thankyou thankyou.. I have had this problem for months.. tried two different registry cleaners but nothing worked to stop this annoying... tray app error #1706 from blocking my every move to start up my computer.. thankyo

robbie853

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
I had the trayapp problem for months and tried all the "solutions" I could find with no results at all. I even downloaded a program that is supposed to get rid of it, but after the "scan" they want $29.00 to be able to "fix" the problems... Anyway, I got so sick of it I went to "START-RUN- regedit and when it came up I clicked "edit" and then "find". Then typed in "tray app."
Then deleted every instance of it that regedit found. "delete-yes-f3" There were hundreds of entries and I deleted them ALL. DANGEROUS! But when I was done, I restarted my computer and it was GONE and the computer seems to be running fine. Even a little faster than it was. Hope this helps