Nvgts.sys BSOD - Issue Fixed?

tecmo34

Administrator
Does anyone no if Nvidia has fixed their driver issue with Windows XP and SATA drives that causes the nvgts.sys BSOD error? I'm running a MSI P7N SLI Platinum and when I installed the Nvidia board drivers, all I get is the BSOD. I've seen updates about this driver or that driver or don't install Media Sheild (which I did) but haven't seen a true driver # fix. I would like to install the board drivers but don't want the BSOD.

If anyone can help me with what drivers to update with, I would be thankful.

Q6600 - Std. Clock, 9800GTX - SLI, MSI P7N SLI Platinum, 300GB Velicoraptor, 4GB Crucial DDR2 Ballistix, Thermaltake V1 Cooler, Antec 1200, 20x Dual Layer DVD Burner and a Blueray Player

Solution
G
Thanks for the post. I have a EVGA nForce 750i SLI motherboard and I just started using my Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200s drive connected using SATA to write DVDs; this is when the problem occurred. Using Windows XP SP2 the problem first presented itself with a very slow desktop load after login screen. The next time I got the BSOD indicating nvgts.sys as a possible culprit. To resolve the problem, I downloaded the most recent driver (15.46) from EVGA at the following address http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/ and have not experienced the problem again.

tecmo34

Administrator
I found my own fix and hopefully it will work for everyone else.... I installed Nvidia's Nforce 15.23 drivers and have not had an issue since (cross my fingers!!).

First, I tried the updated drivers from MSI and had the same issue of BSOD. I had to unplug my DVD players and go into Safe Mode and install Nvidia's Nforce 15.23 drivers. Plugged the DVD players back in and everything is working okay now!!

Q6600 - Std. Clock (trying to OC with little luck [newbee at OCing]), 9800GTX - SLI, MSI P7N SLI Platinum, 300GB Velicoraptor, 4GB Crucial DDR2 Ballistix, Thermaltake V1 Cooler, Antec 1200, 20x Dual Layer DVD Burner and a Blueray Player

G

Thanks for the post. I have a EVGA nForce 750i SLI motherboard and I just started using my Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200s drive connected using SATA to write DVDs; this is when the problem occurred. Using Windows XP SP2 the problem first presented itself with a very slow desktop load after login screen. The next time I got the BSOD indicating nvgts.sys as a possible culprit. To resolve the problem, I downloaded the most recent driver (15.46) from EVGA at the following address http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/ and have not experienced the problem again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS